
Ok, well I knew that Jason the Red Power Ranger became a gay porn actor called Austin St John, but this really surprised me:
One of the guys on the original Power Rangers Show was just sentenced to death:
Actor SKYLAR DELEON has been sentenced to death for murdering Arizona couple TOM and JACKIE HAWKS. The former child star and Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers regular has been convicted of chaining the couple to the anchor of the luxury yacht they were trying to sell him and throwing them overboard in 2004. Their bodies have never been found. Deleon then claimed the boat as his own. His lawyer pleaded for a life sentence, but the jury chose to serve up the most severe penalty. Orange County Superior Court Judge Frank F. Fasel imposed the death sentence recommended on Friday (10Apr09). DeLeon was also convicted in the 2003 killing of John Jarvi.
http://niketalk.yuku.com/topic/168488
Wasn't the rumor about the "Red Ranger" proven false? Here's a link (NSFW) that talks about it some detail:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.queerclick.com/archive/2006/03/austin_st_john.php
Also, you probably already know this but the murderer wasn't a Power Ranger--just a background child actor who appeared in a show or two.
Is it wrong that I find him attractive? (Hahah...)
Nick just ruined my fun!
ReplyDeleteYou don't understand. I'm 35, and my brother's 7.5 years younger. We'd get home from school, and I'd have to babysit until Mom got home, and we'd always fight over "YO! MTV Raps" versus "Power Rangers." When he won, he'd kick all over the house--and Gods help me if he had a friend over, 'cause they'd play Power Rangers! I *wish* any of this was true! :-D
Whoopsie daisy! I'm a party pooper. : )
ReplyDeleteHaha awesome!
ReplyDeleteWell, I never watched Power Rangers much... even at a young age my nerdiness was highly attuned to genericism and I saw it as a blatant rip-off of my beloved Voltron.
I remember all the controversy about how violent the show was (I just thought it was c bit camp and ridiculous) and I was just thinking that if all those Concerned Parents knew about the porn and murder scandals they'd think all their Christmases had come at once.
So it's not true then??
*sigh*
And yes, Nick, it IS wrong ;)
ReplyDelete*cry*
ReplyDeleteAustin St.John was NEVER in porn!!! NEVER! This sucks that people take a guy and associate him with this crap without his wanting to. Not to mention that its not only older fans that look up to him, but younger fan like him too. This whole thing should be stopped. Austin is a nice guy and doesn't deserve this.
ReplyDelete